Well, I'm getting to your letter a bit late this year but as I sit here on the last day of 2009 I can't believe that you are already four years old! It seems so recent that your dad & I wondered if we would be able to have you at all and now you are four and have two younger siblings. God has certainly blessed us with your life and that of L & R.
Well, you have done a lot of growing up again over the last year. You don't seem like a toddler anymore but such a big boy. Before I know it you will be in school all day and I'm not sure what I'll do without you around! You are a really good boy and you do aim to please your father and I for the most part. You have a great sense of humor and love to laugh. You have a few jokes and enjoy telling them to us over and over! You love to play and this year your playing was mostly focused on trains, cars, and dinosaurs. You still love the outdoors the most and enjoy parks, hiking with dad, or just playing in the yard. You've started to make some friends at church and love getting together with them for play dates as well.
.
You and L love each other dearly. You share a room and enjoy each others company. You do fight quite a lot though and somehow even with an excess of toys it seems whatever toy L has is your hearts desire. But, you make her laugh and are a good protective big brother. You also just adore your baby brother and can get a smile from him quicker than anyone else. You are a good mommys helper as well.
You still nap most days and when you do you often nap longer than your little sister! You want to give up your nap but more than two days without it and you are just so exhausted. So, you have quiet time everyday in the playroom and I'd say 85% of the time you end up asleep - half the time you fall asleep on the floor in the midst of toys. At night you still sleep great as well. Your biggest complaint is that L won't let you fall asleep as she talks and sings too long once you all are in bed. I think you've learned to just turn the other way in your bed and tune her out.
.
You are very analytical and are great with numbers. You also love puzzles and mazes and things of that nature. Your working on your letters and can identify most of the letters in the alphabet. You're not too interested in learning to write and I think there's plenty of time for that so am not pushing it. You also have a pretty incredible memory and often amaze me with little details of things or places that I've long forgotten.
I again just feel so thankful to have you as my eldest son. You are loved beyond measure.
Love always,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment